The Female Nude by Hem Jyotika and Devi Prasad Mishra
The story of a model who poses nude for painters and artists for contemptibly small amounts.
National Film Award, India
Jeevika Film Festival, New Delhi
Hem Jyotika, a well known female nude painter, has always been fascinated by the world of cinema and sees a symbiosis between her paintings and films, which reflects in the choice of her subjects and their treatments.
Devi Prasad Mishra is a renowned Hindi poet and short story writer, whose love for cinema led him to filmmaking. He has made films on poets from the subcontinent and others on adivasi children. He co-directed the National Award winning PSBT Film The Female Nude, along with his artist wife.
- Cinematography: Md.Tariq, Narendra, Ravi Bharti
- Location Sound: Yashpal, Balijeet
- Editing and Graphics: Praveen Chandel
- Music and Sound Design: Vivek Priyadarshan, Praveen Chandel
- Narration: Krishna Devi
- Project Partner: Doordarshan