Banaras Pink by Pearl Sandhu
The Film tells the story of Meenakari, which fused with the pink of Banaras to evolve into a unique craft and aesthetic tradition – the Gulabi Meena. Through the metaphor of the city of Banaras and how it changed over the years, affecting every tangible and intangible thing that flourished in it, the Film explores its rich history. Jeweller and bon vivant Banarasi, Raman Shankar Pandya narrates the nostalgia of some of those masterpieces, of the craftspeople and living in times that may never return in this era of capitalisation and market forces.
A post-graduate in Mass Communication from Jamia Milia Islamia, Pearl Sandhu is a freelance media professional based in Delhi. She has experience working in various capacities for films, television and new media. She has worked for NDTV Goodtimes, National Geographic, Star Plus and TV18 and made internationally acclaimed documentaries, advertising and online films.
- Researcher, Script Writer: Pearl Sandhu
- Assistant: Geet Sandhu
- Cinematographer: Harshit Khanna
- Sound Recordists: Siddhartha Sharma, Pearl Sandhu
- Editors: Imraan Ibrahim, Jasmeet Singh Reyat, Pearl Sandhu
- Musician Composers: Pandit Channulal Mishra, Siddhartha Sharma
- Project Partner: Doordarshan