Girhein by Sakshi Gulati, Samvartha ‘Sahil’
Girhein is a journey with the filmmakers as they revisit their depressive phases, trying to understand their experiences and impulses. Weaving diary entries, letters, art work and poetry through a series of conversations, they reflect on the tools that helped them cope with depression and stay afloat. The Film emphasises the therapeutic quality of engaging with art and the significance of social support in sailing through depression.
Sakshi Gulati graduated in Film Direction from the Film and Television Institute. She was Director of the Chinh India Kids Film Festival from 2008-2010 and has worked with grassroots initiatives, fiction and non-fiction films, and documentation of folk cultures and media literacy initiatives. Her short film Charu won a special mention at the International Festival of India.
Samvartha 'Sahil' is an alumnus of JNU and FTII and has earlier worked as a correspondent with The Hindu. He has worked in the direction and screenplay departments for filmmakers Ananya Kasravalli, Shriprakash and PN Ramachandra. He has two Kannada books to his credit and two more in the pipeline.
- Script Writers: Sakshi Gulati, Samvartha 'Sahil'
- Cinematographer: Shamin Kulkarni
- Additional Cinematographers: K. Govindaraju, Sakshi Gulati
- Sound Recordists: Ravi Kumar, Naveen Kumar, Esha Kushwaha
- Editors: Subhadeep Ghosh, Deepanjan Laha, Pratik Karmarkar
- Sound Designer, Mixer: Kinkini Deb
- Project Partner: Doordarshan