Handmade in India by Malati Rao
Through the contemporary exploration of professional entrepreneurship, technological advances and intervention from designers, the Film explores the experiences of traditional craftspersons from across the country and their connection to the land which gives them their identity.
Mumbai; Ahmedabad; Thrissur; India
Malati Rao has directed, written and produced fiction and documentary films. She is a recipient of the Margaret McNamara Award. She holds an MFA degree in Film and Media Arts from Temple University, Philadelphia, and an MA in Mass Communication from Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi. Malati has taught graduate courses in film and screenwriting in India and the US.
- Cinematographer: Shanker Raman
- Location Sound Recordist: Sudipto Mukhopadyay
- Editor: Malati Rao
- Sound Designer: Pritam Das
- Music: Naren Chandavarkar
- Voice Over: Aamir Bashir
- Assistant Director: Sachi Maniar
- Assistant Cinematographer: Pradeep
- Assistant Sound Recordist: Shahnawaz Bhat
- Assistant Editor: Mahak Gupta
- Project Partner: External Publicity and Public Diplomacy Division