The Outside In by Hansa Thapliyal
Two women work with everyday materials to make small human figures - dolls! The Film looks closer at these dolls, their makers and the making, expressing how making with our hands can make windows in the walls we find ourselves imprisoned in. Can there be methods of making that invite more people to make along with us? Those that can connect us to our deeper selves and to the worlds we choose to ignore? That can let the outside in?
Delhi; Madurai; India
Hansa Thapliyal is a filmmaker and writer who has worked across fiction and non-fiction forms. She has worked previously on digital archiving and collaborated on a creative project on early Indian cinema. Lately, her work has begun integrating stop motion and animation, in an attempt to make the screen feel more material. Hansa is also a teacher and workshop facilitator.
- Cinematographer: Arun Karthick
- Sound Recordist, Designer: Ved Madesia
- Editors: Lavanya Ramaiah, Hansa Thapliyal
- Animators: Hansa Thapliyal, Milan Khanolkar, Arun Karthick, Ved Madesia, Vinay Ghodgeri, Lavanya Ramaiah
- Project Partner: Doordarshan