Achoubi in Love by Meena Lonjam
The story of Achoubi and her love for the threatened Manipuri ponies. Defying the odds of age, ill-health, financial challenges and strained familial relationships, she fights passionately to save these endangered beings from extinction. She finds extraordinary strength and happiness from being with them and caring for them, creating an incredible universe of affection and kindness for animals that most people remain indifferent to.
Thiruvananthapuram; Thrissur; India
Meena Longjam</b) is an award winning independent filmmaker and the first woman filmmaker from Manipur to bag the National Award for her documentary Autodriver, based on the life of a woman driver in conflict-ridden Imphal. In 2015, she launched Airameen Media to produce films related to women's lives and publish books related to media and the arts. Meena is a single parent of two doting kids.
- Script Writers: Oinam Doren, Meena Longjam
- Cinematographer: Oinam Doren
- Sound Recordists: Meena Longjam, Sunny Sarungbam, Biju Raju, Soibam Pibaren Meitei
- Sound Designer: Sunil Loitongbam
- Editor: Chaoba Thiyam
- Music Composer: Heisnam Tomba
- Project Partner: Doordarshan