Dhun Mein Dhyan: Meditations and Music in Guru Granth Sahib by Meera Dewan
Moving back and forth in time, the Film unfolds the over 500-year-long journey of the Sikh Holy Book, the Guru Granth Sahib. The storytellers are music practitioners who recite its verse for the community and keep alive both its philosophy and musicality. When the believers bow to the Granth, it is to knowledge they bow. When they sing to it, it sings right back to them.
Jaipur; Bhopal; India
Meera Dewan has extensively filmed documentaries in India, South Asia, Vietnam, Germany and Canada. Her films have won over 21 international and national awards, including at the Festival de films du femmes, France; Oberhausen and Leipzig among others. She curates film programmes and has been on the juries of the Oberhausen, Leipzig, Okomedia, Freiberg, and the Indian Panorama.
- Cinematographers: Hami Ahmad, Indrish Batra, Chandan Singh, Amit Mahanti
- Sound Recordist: Chandan Singh
- Editor: Praveen Sharma
- Music Score: The Guru Granth Sahib
- Shabad Singers: Hans Raj Hans, Bhai Avtar Singh, Bhai Kultar Singh, Vidya Rao, Baba Mohammad Shah Marasi
- Researchers: Meera Dewan, Surbhi Sharma
- Narrator: Inni Kaur
- Project Partner: Doordarshan