On and Off the Records by Pratik Biswas
The Film understands the intimate and integral relationship between the evolution of 20th century Hindustani Classical music and recording technology, even as it celebrates the music and art of some of the most beautiful musicians the world has ever known.
Kathmandu, Nepal (Award)
Panaji; Mumbai; Bhubaneswar; India
Pratik Biswas is a self-motivated and self-taught sound technician with over two decades of experience. He has worked with reputed music labels in more than hundred audio albums of Indian classical, devotional, contemporary and experimental music, including legends like Ustad Bismillah Khan, Ustad Zakir Hussain, Pt. Jasraj, Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma, Smt. Gangubai Hangal, Smt. Kishori Amonkar and so on. Son-et-Lumière shows installed at prominent heritage sites of India are an expression of his technical as well as creative ability.
- Script Writers: Pratik Biswas, Tapas Panda
- Cinematographers: Karan Thapliyal, Sushmit Ghosh, Pranab Kr. Aich
- Audiographer: Manas Ranjan Tarai
- Editors: Pratik Biswas, Chandrakant Mehara, Vishal Chauhan
- Sound Designer: Gangotri Pratik Biswas
- Project Partner: Doordarshan