Person with Desires by Swati Chakroborty
A personal account about sexuality, self-realisation and desire by Sayomdeb, RJ Den, a young man living Dopamine Responsive Dystonia. Questioning uncomfortable social perceptions about disability and sexuality, Den shares his experiences of a wholesome life and the importance of respect, responsibility and care in relationships.
Swati Chakroborty has a Masters in Economics from Jadavpur University and has been working in the field of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) for 30 years. She has also worked in the audio-visual media for last 15 years as researcher, script writer and director, engaged in themes of gender sensitivity, human rights and marginal cultures. Her film I'm Jeeja, for PSBT, won the National Film Award and has been screened at various national and international festivals.
- Direction Assistant: Teesta Lahiri
- Researcher, Script Writer: Swati Chakraborty
- Cinematographer: Ladly Mukhopadhaya
- Sound Recordists: Biswajit Maity, Tapan Bhattacharya
- Editor: Saikat Das
- Music Composers: Pradip Chatterjee, Krishanu Ghosh
- Project Partner: Doordarshan