The Wounded Souls of the Rann by Dinesh Lakhanpal
What do we know about the people who make salt - the most humble and yet the most important ingredient of our food? Seventy per cent of the salt produced in India is made in Gujarat and more than forty per cent of that in the Rann of Kutch by the Agariyas. For centuries they have been working in horrifying, sub-human conditions, caught in a debt trap. The Film provides a glimpse into their lives.
Los Angeles, USA
Dinesh Lakhanpal is a creative writer-turned-journalist-turned filmmaker, who has to his credit more than seventy documentaries and short films and several feature films. He has won four international and two national awards. As a freelance contributor to almost all leading Hindi and English newspapers and magazines in India, he writes regularly on subjects as varied as food, agriculture, cinema, art, literature and traditional crafts.
- Researcher, Script Writer: Dinesh Lakhanpal
- Cinematographers: Rinku S. Mandhal, Neeraj Tiwari
- Sound Recordist: Thomas Varghese
- Editor: Charitra Raj
- Associate Editors: Arindam Taneja, Harsh Kanojia
- Music Composer: Rajib Mona
- Project Partner: Doordarshan