Coral Woman by Priya Thuvassery
The Filmmaker's journey with Uma, a certified scuba diver, exploring the underwater world and the threat to the coral reefs of the Gulf of Mannar. Born in a traditional family, inspired by the beauty of the corals, Uma learnt how to swim, dive and paint in her 50s, and has since been trying to bring attention to this alarming environmental crisis through her paintings.
Tulum, Mexico (Award)
Bangalore, India (Award)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Chennai; Trivandrum; Mumbai; Bhubaneswar; Cochin; Pondicherry; India
Priya Thuvassery is an alumnus of the AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, who has directed and edited several documentaries for Fox Traveler, National Human Rights Commission and PSBT, among others. Her work has won national and international awards and has been screened at film festivals, art galleries and academic institutes. An erstwhile Senior Producer with New Delhi Television (NDTV), her student documentary Khanabadosh, won the Silver Conch at the Mumbai International Film Festival.
- Researcher, Script Writer: Priya Thuvassery
- Cinematographers: Nitasha Kapahi, Nefertiti Chakrabarti, Arnav Kakkar, Priya Thuvassery
- Location Sound: Recordist Amrith Shankar
- Post-Production Sound Designer:Avantika Nimbalker
- Editors: Reena Mohan, Priya Thuvassery
- Musicians: Bindhumalini, Sridhar Varadarajan
- Project Partner: Doordarshan