Documenting Reality by Ranu Sharma
What is the ‘reality’ we create and why? Every shot has a point of view…why do we document it? The Film explores the constructedness of reality itself and attempts to articulate the processes that go into establishing the camera’s viewpoint as the reality that inevitably translates into the spectator’s version of reality.
Ranu Sharma studied Mass Communication at the AJK Mass Communication Research Centre. She has made several independent documentary films in the last two decades, including four films for PSBT, many of which have been screened variously. She has also been visiting faculty for documentary film at institutes for film and television.
- Cinematographer and Editor: Nalin Kale
- Location Sound Recordist: Melvin Fernandes
- Narrator and Script Writer: Ranu Sharma
- Music Composer: Ashvin Sharma
- Project Partner: Doordarshan