Kalikshetra by Anirban Datta
The Film interweaves the forgotten threads of local history of the city born with goddess Kali coded in its name - Kalikata/ Kolkata. Through a personalised and subjective historical account, the filmmaker tries to map the shifts in polity from the pre-colonial to the post-colonial age, weaving in many told and untold facts, anecdotes and relics.
Thrissur; Bangalore; Delhi; India
Anirban Datta is a freelance writer, filmmaker and visual artist. Tetris, his diploma film, premiered at Cannes as the country's only official selection and travelled to numerous international festivals. He has made films with NHK (Japan), YLE (Finland), VPRO (The Netherlands) and Doordarshan, which have screened internationally and won three National Awards, among others. .in for motion premiered at IDFA, Amsterdam, and Wasted, (PSBT) travelled extensively.
- Cinematographers: Amlan Datta, Anirban Datta
- Location Sound Recordists: Moumita Roy, Sanjib Saha
- Editor: Sankha
- Sound Designer, Mixer: Subhadeep Sengupta
- Musician: Pradeep Chattopadhyay
- Line Producer and Direction Associate: Sanyukta Sharma
- Associate Editor: Eshan Sil
- Project Partner: Doordarshan