Ayodhya Gatha by Vani Subramanian
A tapestry of perspectives on how deeply the politics of hate affect personal everyday lives and what it takes to negotiate a way out of these labyrinths.
National Film Awards, India (Award)
Kathmandu, Nepal (Award)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Kolkata; Trivandrum; Mumbai; Delhi; Bangalore; Thrissur; India
One-time advertising writer, Vani Subramanian has been a women's rights activist and documentary filmmaker since the nineties. Her work as a filmmaker explores the connections between everyday practices and larger political questions, be they in the areas of culture, food production, primary education, urban development, communalism, sex selective abortions or matters of identity embedded in our food practices. Her films have been screened, and received awards, both nationally and internationally. More recently, Vani has extended her practice to mixed media work.
- Cinematographers: Yasir Abbasi, Yousuf Saeed, Surajit Sarkar
- Editors: Vani Subramanian, Atul Gupta
- Sound Designer: Asheesh Pandya
- Narrators: Mahi Kunjamma Titus, Vani Subramanian
- Music Composer: Sumathi
- Singers: Sumathi, Sonu, Faiyaz Khan
- Musicians: Faiyaz Khan, H. Guru
- Project Partner: Doordarshan