In a Shadowless Town (Bin Savlyanchya Gavat) by Gouri Patwardhan
How is a city made? What is remembered when it is being made? What is forgotten? Raising some crucial questions, the Film looks at how heritage walks in Pune seek to define the history of the city in a narrow mould, exclusive to the upper castes, while claiming to represent the city. What has the erasure of historic figures and buildings meant for the Dalit Bahujan community in the city, even as they struggle to reclaim some of them?
Bangalore; Delhi; Thrissur; India
Gouri Patwardhan is an alumnus of Goa College of Arts and the Film and Television Institute of India. She has made numerous films on art, environment and inventive pedagogical practices. She has won a National Award for her independent documentary Modhikhanyachya Don Goshti, revolving around an urban Dalit neighborhood. Gouri has been part of many collaborative videos with sociologists and anthropologists such as Dr. Alexander Henn.
- Cinematographer: Sameer Mahajan
- Location Sound Recordist: Raj Jadhav
- Editors: Gouri Patwardhan, Ujjwal Utkarsh
- Sound Designer, Mixer: Vipin Bhati
- Researchers: Gouri Patwardhan, Sudhir Waghmare
- Graphics Designer: Pinak Banik
- Project Partner: Doordarshan