Work of Fire by K R Manoj
Work of Fire takes a look at the varying vicissitudes of the Indian fireworks industry, while trying to ask a question: why do we need fireworks? In its movement from the grimy firework production centres in Sivakshi, to moments of festivities, the Documentary addresses the human desire to create the spectacular against the ordinary.
New York, USA
Prague, Czech Republic
Mumbai; Thiruvananthapuram; India
K R Manoj is a National Award winning independent filmmaker and screenwriter, whose passion for cinema evolved with his engagements with the Film Society Movement in Kerala. Former editor of the film studies journal Drisyathalam and one of the founder curators of the SiGNS digital video festival, he also co-founded Tropical Cinema, an independent production house.
- Cinematographers: Shehnad Jalal, Jomon Thomas, Arun Bhaskar
- Editor, Graphics Artist: Ajay Kuyiloor
- Sound Designer: Sreejith C V
- Sound Editor: Vipin V Nair
- Sound Mixer: N Harikumar
- Additional Cinematographers: Allen Thomas, Raghavendra Sastri, Sijoy Jose, Deepak Mala, Vivek S Nambiar
- Researchers, Script Writers: Ranjini Krishnan, K R Manoj
- Animator: Sudheer P Y
- Colourist: Liju Prabhakar
- Project Partner: Doordarshan